Soul-Fitness Online

Air 1 Radio - The Positive Alternative - Our Favorite ------d365 - What's Your Purpose?------ Walk the Way - 2 minute - "Living Your Faith" Messages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

# 40 - A Prayer for 10

In Genesis 18 Abraham begs and pleads that the sinful city of Sodom be spared. Lord will you spare the city if there are 50 righteous ones to be found there? I will. If 40? I will. If 30? I will. If 20? I will. And if only 10? I will. Imagine Abraham’s boldness asking that the faithfulness of as few as 10 be sufficient to spare the wicked city from God’s wrath. Sadly, 10 were not found. We know the story, but what is the prayer focus here? It is not for us to rejoice in God’s judgment. But rather for us to pray like Abraham, asking that many sinners, even entire cities, be spared by the sufficiency of 10 who love God. Pray with me that in every wicked place 10 faithful witnesses will be found.

No comments: