Soul-Fitness Online

Air 1 Radio - The Positive Alternative - Our Favorite ------d365 - What's Your Purpose?------ Walk the Way - 2 minute - "Living Your Faith" Messages

Monday, November 30, 2009

# 83 - 'God With Us' Prayer

The first movement in prayer is to center on the presence of God. As you begin your prayer, deliberately put yourself into the presence of God. This is a decision you make, regardless of how you are feeling. Close your eyes, change your posture, light a candle, or whatever. Focus. Open yourself to God who is always with us. Pray something like this:
Here I am, Lord Jesus. I am here to meet you. I acknowledge your presence. I am going to spend this time with you. Help me to realize that I am in your presence and that you are with me, even though I may not feel your presence. Remind me that you are Emmanuel, which means ‘God With Us.’
-- taken from the Upper Room brochure ‘Pray Where You Are”

No comments: