Soul-Fitness Online

Air 1 Radio - The Positive Alternative - Our Favorite ------d365 - What's Your Purpose?------ Walk the Way - 2 minute - "Living Your Faith" Messages

Monday, March 29, 2010

# 92 - Firefighter's Prayer

As we approach Holy Week 2010, let’s remember that Christians are spiritual firefighters, rescuing those who are in peril of being engulfed by the raging fires of Hell. This Firefighter’s Prayer is as appropriate to our spiritual mission as it is to the heroes of our communities. When I am called to duty, God, wherever flames may rage, give me strength to save a life whatever, be its age. Let me embrace a little child before it is too late, or save an older person from the horror of that fate. Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout, and quickly and efficiently to put the fire out. I want to fill my calling to give the best in me, to guard my friend and neighbor and protect their property. And, if, according to your will, I have to lose my life, please bless, with your protecting hand, my family and my wife.

No comments: