Soul-Fitness Online

Air 1 Radio - The Positive Alternative - Our Favorite ------d365 - What's Your Purpose?------ Walk the Way - 2 minute - "Living Your Faith" Messages

Monday, December 24, 2007

New Year Seeker

There is a quote from the Bible that might be familiar to you. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”

I’m a seeker. I relate to other seekers. Are you one of them?

I enjoy wondering about the Wise Men who came from Persia, or wherever, to see the infant Jesus and bring him Kingly gifts. They were ancient astrologers searching for the deepest truths by studying the stars.

And the truth they discovered was a sudden new Star in the sky. They believed this great shining Star to be a sign that something radically new had entered the world, something of great importance, of heavenly importance. Seekers true, they studied and surmised that the Star signified the birth announcement of a great King.

So they followed the Star of Jesus to Bethlehem, presented him royal gifts, then returned home satisfied that they had been blessed to honor the King of all Kings.

There is a beautiful truth for us about the Wisemen. It can be found in the title of the song Wise Men Still Seek Him.

Pray with me. Lord Jesus, I seek you. Be my morning Star. May I always seek you, first thing in the morning, last thing at night. Fill my days and bless our family’s New Year with the starry wonder of your amazing love. Amen

No comments: